This variant is currently sold out
transit stackable chair | © design mark daniel
Industrial and modern, the original design of the Transit Chair features a continuous steel frame and molded plywood seat and back. All items in the Transit Collection are stackable up to four units and are contract grade.
- Stackable. Recommended to stock, not more than 4 chairs.
- Formed solid steel frame.
- Molded plywood seat and seat back.
- Certified for ANSI/BIFMA x5.1-2011.
- Inches 21.5w | 20.5d | 31.5h | 18sh
- Black frame – walnut wood seat and back.
- Black frame – natural ash seat and back.
- White frame – natural ash seat and back.
- White frame - bleached ash seat and back.
- Black frame – black ash seat and back.
- Black frame - bleached ash seat and back.
All in-stock items are shipped within 2-5 business days for a flat rate across US.
Click here for the details of our Shipping Policy.
Mark's background is in architecture which he studied both in Atlanta and in Paris.
It was while studying architecture that he learned to appreciate that what goes into a space defines it as much as the walls that enclose the space. The scale of furniture was particularly appealing, as the design integrity of a piece could be maintained more successfully than in the design evolution of a building.
Mark's goal is to create products that are inspiring, functional and affordable in the hope that by bringing good design into people's homes, their lives will be enhanced.
Mark is based in Chicago and runs Slate Design, Ltd - an award-winning design firm that specializes in product design for both manufacturers and retailers. Some of Slate's clients include Crate&Barrel, CB2, Land of Nod, Z Gallerie, and Design Within Reach.